Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Spur of the moment = tons of fun!

This past weekend was the 4th of July weekend. I originally planned to head home to 'ole Millbrook to write a paper, get ahead on some schoolwork, and begin some Becker... but of course that didnt happen! Chase and his family were heading to Pensacola, Florida to spend some time with Molly Kate before she left for school in Connecticut in the fall. VERY last minute, Chase asked me to come along (this kind of timeliness, or lack there of, is not uncommon for this sweet boy). It was Thursday night, and I hadnt even began writing my paper that was due Monday, so the chances of me coming along for the trip didnt look promising... but I hit the books all day Friday and completed 90% of what I had to do, so I decided to enjoy the weekend! And did I ever!
First of all, I had never been to Pensacola before, and it is one of the most unique towns Ive ever seen. I loved the atmosphere there! Secondly, I had the best time with Chase's family and meeting everyone. His aunt and uncle were so welcoming; I felt right at home! As was everyone else I met!  We had the best time at the "bayou" where we played on the jet ski, tubing and wakeboarding (which I hadnt done in MANY years). That night we went to Chase's dad's old high school, which was an old hospital way back in the day that is now a pizza place on the bottom floor "the O zone", a theatre, and several offices occupy some of the second and third floor. Many of the locals "sneak" in and look around the upper floors at the old artifacts and pictures of the hospital. It is kind of spooky, but very interesting to say the least. It was also fun to reminise with the alumni as they mentioned what each room had been and the trouble the got into.

Here is the old highschool/hospital. Such a cool building to go to school in!
The last day, we spent some time at the beach. The beaches there were beautiful! We brushed off the sand and headed back to Troy...
After a weekend full of "not so good for you," but amazing food and family, it was good to be back home with my babies!! They missed their mommy : )

Arent they cute??
Cant wait for another weekend like that!! As for now...hitting the books for the remainder of the summer semester! Only one left after that until I am a big girl!!
- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment