Thursday, June 27, 2013

CMT Awards and CMA fest

As I mentioned before, Chase has an awesome internship at CMT for the summer. Some of their biggest projects were the CMT awards and CMA fest. We were lucky to be able to attend the events because of all his hard work!

The CMT awards were so much fun to attend live. I had no idea how much production went on while we are watching it on the tv.
I'm not the biggest country fan, but I ended up knowing a lot of the songs that were played that night. It was so cool to see so many stars in one place, and the be in the same arena as they were.


We also got to attend a couple nights of CMA fest. I was in complete awe of how many people were there. Chase had to work the event during the day, so he got to see the swarm of people around Broadway all day, but I didnt make it out till the concerts at night.
One of the concet venues was at the Titan's football stadium, LP Field. The stadium was completely packed. I'm not even sure that many people go to the football games.
We got to see Lady Antebellum, Hunter Hayes, Blake Shelton, and Little Big Town.
My favorite was Lady Antebellum. They can really sing, and I knew all of their songs. Chase really enjoyed Hunter Hayes (sounds crazy, huh?) He turned out to be a really talented musician. He has a John Mayer feel and can play the guitar really well. Chase enjoyed seeing that.
We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment